How to get here?
Download and print PDF maps
Air transportation is available to Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Comox or the Long Beach Airport (between the two communities of Ucluelet and Tofino).
You may rent a car at any of these airports through Budget or www.bcbudget.com
Check road reports – Drive BC
Coming from Vancouver – take either the Horseshoe Bay Ferry or Tsawwassen Ferry to Nanaimo or Victoria. Follow the driving instructions for Nanaimo and Victoria. Ferry reservations are highly recommended for travel during long weekends and the summer. BC Ferries
From Victoria or Nanaimo – drive north on Hwy # 19. West on Hwy # 4 (the turnoff is near Qualicum Beach). You will reach the West Coast Motel in approximately 4 1/2 hours if driving direct from Victoria and approximately 2 1/2 hours from Nanaimo.
From Comox or Campbell River – Go south on Hwy # 19. West on Hwy # 4 (the turnoff is near Qualicum Beach). You will reach the West Coast Motel in approximately 2 1/2 – 3 hours from Comox and approximately 3 – 3 1/2 hours from Campbell River.
Coming from Port Angeles, Washington – take the Coho Ferry to Victoria. Then follow the driving instructions for Victoria. – Coho Ferry. Alternatively, take the Victoria Express (passengers only) between Port Angeles, Washington and Victoria. Rent a car from Budget in Victoria. Victoria Express.
Also see Washington State Ferries.
Hwy # 4 has many points of interest such as Cathedral Grove – a stand of huge trees, many are thousands of years old. This point of interest is only approximately 10 minutes after the start of Hwy # 4. Port Alberni is approximately 30 – 40 minutes away from the intersection and is a good place to fill up. No more gas stations until you reach Ucluelet! Minutes past Port Alberni, Sproat Lake is an excellent picnic spot. You will know when you are getting near to Ucluelet when you see Kennedy Lake. The mountains will start to recede. Many people confuse this huge lake with the ocean! Generations of Ucluelet children learned to swim in this lake every summer, prior to the opening of the West Coast Motel swimming pool.
The Tofino Bus has routes from Vancouver, Victoria, Nanaimo, Port Alberni, Comox, and Parksville to Ucluelet and Tofino. In fact the bus stops at a Ucluelet landmark, “Murrays’ Groceries”, just a couple minutes walk from the motel. – Tofino Bus.
Take the passenger only ferry from Port Alberni to Nanaimo. Please note that you will be without a vehicle. – Great for bikers or backpackers or those that may wish to leave their car in Port Alberni for a few days. Lady Rose Marine.
Need other accommodations on Vancouver Island?
BC Ferries link – www.bcferries.com
Coho Ferry – www.cohoferry.com
Bus schedule – www.tofinobus.com
Rent a car – www.budget.ca or www.bcbudget.com.
Airlines – www.westjet.com
We are near to:
- centrally located downtown and nearby restaurants, and shops, art galleries, and surf shops- walk every where if you like!
- Located at the boat harbour in Ucluelet near most fishing charter and whale watching operators.
- Walking distance to the Wild Pacific Trail
- 10 minute drive Pacific Rim National Park
- 15 minutes drive to Long Beach at the Pacific Rim National Park. – a surfing, hiking, beach-combing heaven!
- Short boat trip to Broken Islands (Part of the Pacific Rim National Park – see our links page – many kayaking and whale watching operators will take you there!
- 25 minutes drive to Tofino.
- walk or drive to Big Beach, Little Beach and Terrace Beach.
- 40 minute drive to the Kennedy River Canyon Zipline.
- 15 minutes to Kennedy Lake.
- Free access to the attached community centre we operate as a second business (locals use paying drop in or membership fees). It has 3000 sq foot harbour view, state of the art gym, indoor pool (unsupervised) and sauna. Tanning bed is available for a fee. Open 9 AM to 9 PM Monday to Saturday and 9 AM to 6 PM on Sundays. West Coast Fitness Centre.com